Saturday, May 20, 2006

Results from 5/19

Well I hope everyone enjoyed the Atlantic City post. I hope one day to have a Vegas post. First I have to get there though. Yesterday I played some 1/2 NL and a Bluff Magazine tourney. I finished 2nd in the Bluff tourney when my AA was cracked by 33. Man that is aggravating, especially at the end.

So as of now the bankroll is back up to the high of 12.4k. I am not going to get to play alot today due to the fact that I am going spelunking with my son in Tennessee. If I live through that, I will play when I get home tonight.

Tomorrow is event number #18 on the Bluff Poker Tour. I am still in 2nd place which would get me a $1500 WSOP seat. I want first though. We play tomorrow at 5pm at Absolute Poker.

Well that is it for now. Take care and good luck.

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i stumbles accross your blog and jsut wondered how you expect to get a bankroll of 100K at the rate you are playing at. 5 months of the way through the year and you are only at 12Kish. I realise you play poker for the enjoyment. Is your goal to move to higher limit games at some point could u not play more 2/4$ and maybe 3/6$ NL to try and build the roll to 100K moving up limits as your roll incereses

Just wondered if you were still in search if the 100K roll or not

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Those are good questions. I did answer them some in prior posts. To answer you fully I do not expect to reach 100k by Jan 1. As of now my hopes are to make it to 40-50k. However I will be playing more 5/10 limit and I hope to keep moving up in the NL arena as well. I could move up to higher NL areas but I do not think I am ready yet. I prefer a slower progression that is safe for the bankroll.

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't posted in awhile. I'm the guy that played NL above what I had in my stack and eventually burned out.

I like your answer to the 100K question. Why mess with the risk on NL Cash games if you know you can lock in gains playing limit.
Playing NL tourneys is a whole other story. I'm starting to see how a solid Limit player has the patience to do well in NL Multi Table tourneys.
Obviously those Multis can add a nice bonus to the stack .

I think what I'm learning from your blog is that Limit Poker can help your NL game. That and it takes a long time to make money.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Yes limit poker can help your NL game as well. The reason I went back to NL was to prepare for my Atlantic City trip. I will go back to limit very soon, probably by June 1st or so. Until then I am playing MTT and NL which are high variance games. One bad move can ruin your tourney or your profits for the night. I enjoy changing it up though.

Hopefully you are back playing poker and enjoying the game. Best of luck to you.

By the way I am still serious about hitting 100k. It will probably just take me a bit longer. I will be there though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home