Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A funny thing happened to me in a cave - Results from 5/23

Well I went caving with my son and his cub scout group. Now for those of you who have not met me, I am a big guy. I should not be trying to squeeze into passages in a cave. Plus I am claustrophobic as well (who knows if I spelled that right). Being a stubborn person that I am I went anyway. I saw many cool things but I would never go back and do that. It was four hours of sheer terror for me.

So we get to a point where we have to do a rope climb up to another passage. It is about 25 feet high. I go and do this rope climb and at about the 15 foot mark I fall. Luckily I grab on to a rock with my right hand and hang there for about 30 seconds before I grab another rock with my left hand. I pull myself up but I feel like my right arm was detached. Unfortunately we had two more hours to go.

I get home after we are finished I cannot lift my right arm. Sunday it is even worse. I cannot even lift a loaf of bread with my right hand. I go to the doctors and he says I tore all the muscles around my right shoulder. I partially tore the ones around my left shoulder. I am on a ton of painkillers and anti spasm pills. It is very tough to get comfortable at all. I am healing, and hopefully by next week this will just be a funny story.

As for poker, I am not playing as much do to the pills and them making me very drowsy. The bankroll is sitting at 12.3K and has not moved much at all. Today I am going to try and play some tourney and some more NL ring games. Good luck everyone.

4 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Man's got to know his limitations"

Dirty Harry

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about your arm, will miss your posts...

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe if you would drop some weight....

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger billinga said...

That is a good point. It is easier to avoid caves than it is to lose weight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home