Monday, July 17, 2006

Vegas, the WSOP, and Speed Poker

Well I did not win a WSOP seat, so all my tough decisions have been made for me. I finished 13th in the tourney, top 3 won the seat. I put all of my chips when I had the best of it, got a great flop for my hand, and then was rivered on what amounted to a 4 outer. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I guess that seat mattered more to me than I thought.

So no Vegas trip for me this year. That has really bummed me out. I am hoping to make another Tunica trip with some of the guys, and then next year it is Vegas baby!!!! I will pay for a $1500 seat out of my pocket next year if I have to, but I am playing an event. I will also focus some attention next year to winning seats since I will not schedule any vacation during that time.

*********SPOILER ALERT************************

If you do not know about the Mansion Poker event from this Sunday do not read this!!!!

Ok I watched the event last night that my buddy Greig played in. He handled himself very well on TV, he looked a touch nervous when handling chips, but that is about it.
I do have an issue with the fact that he said that Kenna James is his favorite player over me, but what can you do.

So Greig got completely screwed during this broadcast. He was in first place with about double the 2nd place person when disaster struck. First he has AK and runs into QQ. They are both allin preflop. The first card hits and it was an Ace, but two cards later the Queen shows up. No problem he is still in solid shape. Then he gets AJd and he raises. Someone reraised with 55. He folds. Then he gets AKs and the other guy has A4d. Greig raises and the other guy calls. The flop comes Kxx with two diamonds. The guy bets and Greig goes allin. The guy thinks and thinks and then calls. Of course a diamond hits on the turn and Greig is a short stack. Shortly after that he is out. He played well, and I do not know what I would have done differently. I may have called with the AJd, it just depends on my read. If the guy flips over 55 it is an easy call mathematically. He could have had AK,AQ,JJ,QQ,KK,AA and then that would have spelled disaster.

I did play some 3/6 NL 6 handed games and I was able to post my 11th straight winning session. My record of 13 is right around the corner. My profit for the day was $839, which brings the bankroll to $28,022. I am hoping to break 30k before I take my self imposed break. I am starting to figure that while I may not hit 100k, I could hit 70k this year and 100k before next spring. I am making on average of $340 a day over the last 46 days since going back to NL. If I can finish this month at 30k, that would give me 145 days of possible play, which includes my break for vacation. I figure there is another 20 days out of that which I wont play (Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, long weekend with the wife that I have planned etc.), so that gives me 125 days of play. Multiply 125*340 and you get and additional $42,500. Now all I have to do is execute. It sounds so easy on paper, but obviously it is not as easy as it looks. But at least we have a plan to look at.

Ok enough rambling. Tonight I will be back playing some 2/4 or 3/6 and maybe a tourney or two to get me aggravated. Good luck to all of you out there.

6 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man Bill you are on fire. keep that streak alive, I remember when we were about even and now you are blowing me away. Great job.

I am taking some of my winnings and doing the 1500 buy in you talked about. My buddy got his in the race for the bracelt on full tilt but lost all his roll except for that. But we have a room at the rio and are committed to playing.

Wish me luck and next year we play live together in Vegas for sure.

Atl_HoldemFan

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Hey good to hear from you again. Best of luck to you and your buddy. Give me a full report when you get back so I can live vicariously through you guys.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, did you happen to see who made the top 3 in the pokershare tourney? I got knocked out early (33rd or so) when his flush draw hit on the river. Ugh.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger billinga said...

I did not notice who made the top 3. Once my buddy finished 8th I stopped watching.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Dome is full of Donkeys minus one Sloth..

nice going Mr Bill

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home