Saturday, December 03, 2005

Introduction

Many of us watch poker on ESPN, or the Travel Channel and think man I wish that could be me. I am definitely one of those people. Cards have always been a large part of my life. It is in my blood. My Dad was almost late to his wedding because he was playing cards with his family. Sure enough on my wedding day my friends and I were playing poker until the very last minute. I used to love going to Atlantic City or Foxwoods to play poker, and we still had a weekly game every Sunday night. When my job moved me to Georgia, my poker playing ended. For a long time I would play every other card game going but no poker. Every time I went home though a poker game would be at the very top of the agenda. At the end of 2004 I was finally introduced to online poker. I spent the last two months of 2004 trying to win some money playing freerolls since I promised my wife I would not deposit any money. Finally just before New Year's I did.

Since then I have built my first $10 win into over $5,000. With some withdrawals for expenses and such my bankroll as of today is $4776.69. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can round it out to about 5k (though more would be nice). The project will officially begin on January 1st 2006. Until then I will give updates and I will describe how I have gotten here so far. Keep in mind that I am not a pro (that will become more apparent as you read on), but I will do my best to point you to where you can go for sound advice. Once the project begins I will give daily updates on my play so you can track my progress. Hopefully we can all learn along the way and then maybe you will give it a shot as well. Take care, and good luck at the tables.

3 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

Hey Bill;

Good luck on your quest.

I just checked and a third of that 5K came from the BPT. I bet you're hoping for season II.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks for the well wishes. I definitely cannot wait for a season 2 of the Bluff Poker Tour. While I have earned $1,664 on the tour my profit is only $1,004. Hopefully I can win that WPT Seat at the end of this season. Good luck to you.

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, i certinly hope you make it. What a great idea, I will be checking here to see how your going. Good Luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home