Friday, February 24, 2006

Having fun playing poker - results from 2/23

Well the title of this post does not have anything to do with the results of yesterday. For the day I did not do well. I ended up losing $125. It happens. When you play 5/10 that is only a small amount.

But back to the title. I want to have fun playing poker again so I moved some money around. Don't get me wrong I still want to get to 100k, and I will still post results. But poker this month has been more work than fun, and right now I am looking at a break even month which would be my first. So what did I do? Well a couple of things....

1) I took $600 and moved it to PokerStars so I can play in more of their $20 180 person SNGs. I really like the structure, the blinds go up every 15 minutes so you get alot of play. I finished 15th in my only attempt yesterday for a $43 win. I lost JJ on back to back hands which sucked, but I did enjoy playing a tourney there without having to go through 2000 people.

2) I took another $600 and moved it to Full Tilt so I can play at their $25 NL tables. When I can run that to $1500 I will try their $50 NL tables, and then as I reach 30 max buyins I will keep moving up. If I drop to 20 max buyins I will drop down. It helps to work on my NL game.

3) I moved $100 to Royal Vegas so I can play at their $10 NL tables with my Dad. Unfortunately his game has not moved up as quickly yet, but I still like to get to play with him. This will allow me to do it.

The rest of the money stays at Bayou where I will continue to play 5/10 and grind it out. This will continue to be the bulk of my playing.

So there it is. I will report how I do on each one so that we can keep track. I will try and play 5 of those 180 person SNGs a week. Otherwise I will concentrate on my 5/10 game and my Full Tilt NL game. Then when Dad is around I will play with him as well. I am not abandoning my try for 100k, but I am being realistic. This is not my full time job and while I want to learn, I want to do it in an environment that keeps it fun so I do not burn out. By getting to play a couple of different games I think I will accomplish this. What do you think????

Here are the numbers......

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Feb 24 bankroll - $7069
Profit - $1817
Mar 1 goal - $10000 (man I better go win some 180 person SNGs)

Take care and good luck all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home